Sep. 27, 2021
The ball valve is mainly used for cutting off, distributing, and changing the flow direction of the medium in the pipeline. It only requires 90 degrees of rotation and a small torque to close tightly. The ball valve is most suitable for use as a switch and cut-off valve. We all know that there are many kinds of valves. What are the characteristics of the ball valve as a type of valve? What are the specific applications? Read on for more information.
Since ball valves are usually made of rubber, nylon, and PTFE as seat seal material. Therefore, its use temperature is limited by the seat seal material. The shut-off effect of the ball valve is accomplished by the mutual pressure between the metal ball and the plastic seat under the action of the medium (floating ball valve). Seat seal in certain contact pressure, the local area of elastic-plastic deformation. This deformation can compensate for the manufacturing accuracy and surface roughness of the ball, to ensure the sealing performance of the ball valve.
And because the seat seal of the ball valve is usually made of plastic. Therefore, in the selection of the structure and performance of the ball valve, consider the ball valve fire resistance and fire prevention. Especially in the petroleum, chemical, metallurgical and other sectors, inflammable, explosive media equipment, and piping systems using ball valves, more attention should be paid to fire resistance and fire prevention.
The many unique characteristics of ball valves determine the use of ball valves relatively wide range of occasions. Usually, in double-position adjustment, strict sealing performance, mud, wear, indentation channel, rapid opening and closing action (1/4 turn opening and closing), high-pressure shut-off (large differential pressure), low noise, cavitation and vaporization phenomenon, a small amount of leakage to the atmosphere. The use of ball valves is recommended for piping systems with small operating torque and low fluid resistance.
Ball valves are also suitable for light structure, low-pressure cut-off (small differential pressure), corrosive media piping systems. In the low-temperature (deep cooling) devices and piping systems can also be selected ball valves. In the metallurgical industry, the oxygen pipeline system, the need to use the ball valve after strict degreasing treatment. In the oil pipeline and gas pipeline in the mainline to be buried in the ground, you need to use the full diameter welded ball valve. In the requirement of regulating performance, need to use a special structure with a V-shaped opening of the ball valve. In petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, electric power, urban construction, working temperature above 200 degrees in the pipeline system can be selected metal to metal sealed ball valve.
● Chemical system of acid and alkali and other corrosive media devices and piping systems, it is appropriate to use stainless steel manufacturing, PTFE for the seat sealing ring of the full stainless steel ball valve.
● Buried in the ground, choose the full pass by welding connection or flange connection of the ball valve.
● Finished oil transmission pipeline and storage equipment, the choice of flange connection of the ball valve.
● Branch pipe selection of flange connection, welding connection, full passage through or reduction of the ball valve.
● City gas and natural gas pipeline, choose flange connection and internal thread connection of the floating ball valve.
● Need to clean the pipeline and need to be buried in the underground oil, natural gas transmission mainline, choose the full passage through, the full welded structure of the ball valve.
● Low-temperature media piping systems and devices, it is appropriate to use the low-temperature ball valve with valve cover.
● In the oxygen pipeline system of the metallurgical system, it is advisable to use the fixed ball valve with strict degreasing treatment and flange connection.
● The piping system of the catalytic cracking unit of the oil refinery can be used to lift the lever ball valve.
● When flow adjustment is required, worm gear-driven, pneumatic or electric ball valves with V-shaped openings can be used.
● Metallurgical systems, electric power systems, petrochemical installations, urban heating systems, high-temperature media piping systems or installations, metal-to-metal sealed ball valves can be selected.
Headquarter Add.: SUPCON Park, No.309 Liuhe Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou, 310053, China.
Tel.: +86 571 8111 9774
Fax: +86 571 8111 9737
E-mail: [email protected]