Sep. 05, 2022
There are many kinds of butterfly valves, there are fast cut-offs and continuous adjustments. Mainly used for liquid, gas low-pressure large diameter pipeline. Suitable for pressure loss requirements are not high, the need for flow regulation, opening and closing requirements for fast occasions. Usually, the temperature is below 300℃, the pressure is below 40kg, the medium is generally used for water and gas, the medium requirements are not high, and granular media can also be used.
Butterfly valves can convey and control media such as water, condensate, circulating water, sewage, seawater, air, gas, liquid natural gas, dry powder, slurry, pulp, and mixtures with suspended matter.
The butterfly valve is suitable for flow regulation. Since the pressure loss of the butterfly valve in the pipeline is relatively large, about three times that of the gate valve, therefore, when selecting the butterfly valve, the influence of pressure loss on the pipeline system should be fully considered, and the sturdiness of the butterfly plate to withstand the pressure of the pipeline medium when it is closed should also be considered. In addition, it is also necessary to consider the limits of the working temperature that the resilient valve seat material can withstand at high temperatures. Butterfly valve structure length and overall height are small, open and close fast, and have good fluid control characteristics, butterfly valve structure principle is most suitable for making large diameter valves. When the butterfly valve is required to be used for flow control, the most important thing is to select the correct size and type of butterfly valve so that it can work properly and effectively.
1. Usually, in throttling, regulating control, and slurry media, short structure length and fast opening and closing speed (1/4 turn) are required. Low-pressure cut-off (small differential pressure), the butterfly valve is recommended.
2. In special working conditions throttling adjustment, or requiring strict sealing, or serious wear, low temperature (deep cold), and other working conditions when using butterfly valve, need to use special design metal seal with regulating device three eccentric or double eccentric special butterfly valve.
3. Butterfly valve can be used in double-position adjustment, indented channel, low noise, cavitation and cavitation, small leakage to the atmosphere, and abrasive media.
4. Soft seal eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for bi-directional opening and closing and adjustment of ventilation and dust removal pipeline, widely used in metallurgy, light industry, electric power, a petrochemical system of gas pipeline, and waterway, etc.
Triple Off-set Butterfly Valve
5. Midline butterfly valve is suitable for freshwater, sewage, seawater, salt water, steam, natural gas, food, medicine, oil, various acids and alkalis, and other pipelines that require complete sealing, zero leakage in gas test, high life expectancy, and working temperature from -10℃ to 150℃.
6. Metal-to-metal face seal triple eccentric butterfly valve can be widely used in petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, metallurgy, electric power, and other fields, in addition to being used as a large pressure swing adsorption (PSA) gas separation device program control valve, and is a good alternative to gate valves and globe valves.
7. Metal-to-metal line seal double eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for urban heating, gas supply, water supply, and other gas, oil, acid, and alkali pipelines, as a regulating and throttling device.
8. Usually, in throttling, regulating control, and slurry media, the structure is required to be short in length and fast in opening and closing speed (1/4 turn). Low-pressure cut-off (small differential pressure), butterfly valve is recommended.
Tip: As a sealed butterfly valve, it was only after the emergence of synthetic rubber that it brought rapid development, so it is a new type of cut-off valve. In China until the 1980s, butterfly valves mainly functioned as low-pressure valves with synthetic rubber seats, and by the 1990s, due to increased exchanges with foreign countries, hard seal (metal seal) butterfly valves were able to develop rapidly. At present, there are several valve factories that can steadily produce medium-pressure metal-sealed butterfly valves, which makes butterfly valves more widely used in the field.
Headquarter Add.: SUPCON Park, No.309 Liuhe Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou, 310053, China.
Tel.: +86 571 8111 9774
Fax: +86 571 8111 9737
E-mail: [email protected]