Sep. 20, 2021
The ball valve is mainly used for cutting off, distributing, and changing the flow direction of the medium in the pipeline. It only requires 90 degrees of rotation and a small torque to close tightly. The ball valve is most suitable for use as a switch and cut-off valve. We all know that there are many kinds of valves. What are the characteristics of the ball valve as a type of valve? What are the specific applications? Read on for more information.
1. The closing member can withstand the high-pressure difference when closing.
2. Ultra-fast opening and closing is possible. Some configurations have opening and closing times of only 0.05 to 0.1s.
3. Automated systems. Quickly open and close the valve without shock operation.
4. Automatic positioning of the ball closure in position.
5. No jamming when working without lubricant. Therefore, it can be reliably used in corrosive media and low boiling point liquids.
6. With the lowest flow resistance (practically zero).
7. The valve body is symmetrical. Especially when the welded body structure, can well withstand the stress from the pipeline.
8. Ball valves with fully welded bodies can be buried directly in the ground. So that the valve internals is not eroded, the maximum service life of up to 30 years. It is the most ideal valve for oil and gas pipelines.
9. The working medium is sealed reliably on both sides.
10. In the fully open and fully closed, the sealing surface of the ball and seat is isolated from the medium. Therefore, the media passing through the valve at high speed will not cause erosion of the sealing surface.
11. Compact structure, lightweight, it can be considered the most reasonable valve structure suitable for low-temperature media systems.
12. In a wide range of pressure and temperature, it can achieve 100% sealing.
Ball valves are divided into:
● Floating ball valves
● Fixed ball valves
● Orbital ball valves
● V-shaped ball valves
● Three-way ball valves
● Stainless steel ball valves
● Floating ball valves
● Cast steel ball valves
● Forged steel ball valves
● Ash discharge ball valves
● Sulfur-resistant ball valves
● Ferrule ball valves
● Welded ball valves
In addition, the different functions and transmission forms can also be classified as follows.
Headquarter Add.: SUPCON Park, No.309 Liuhe Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou, 310053, China.
Tel.: +86 571 8111 9774
Fax: +86 571 8111 9737
E-mail: [email protected]