Mar. 10, 2020
Among the known valves, ball valves and butterfly valves are probably the two most widely used and widely used valves in today's valves. The two are simple and easy to operate and play a role of blocking and cutting off the pipeline medium. Today O-type ball valve supplier will talk about the difference between the two:
Structurally, the biggest difference between the two is the opening and closing pieces. The opening and closing part of the butterfly valve is a plate, and the opening and closing part of the ball valve is a ball. The butterfly valve can adjust the flow rate by the opening degree, but the ball valve cannot.
1. Butterfly valve consists of valve body, valve seat, valve plate and valve stem. Its parts are leaked out and can be seen by the naked eye. Ball valve is composed of valve body, valve core (a round ball), valve The valve core is inside the valve body, and only part of it can be seen by the naked eye.
2.Sealing and caliber are different
The butterfly valve is characterized by fast opening and closing speed, simple structure and low cost, but its tightness and pressure bearing capacity are not good. The ball valve can be quickly opened and closed, and can be completely sealed under large pressure and temperature. So comparatively speaking, the sealing performance of the ball valve is better than that of the butterfly valve. However, due to the limitation of the volume and the opening and closing resistance, the ball valve is difficult to achieve a large caliber.
3. Different temperature and pressure resistance
From the perspective of operating temperature, due to the sealing material and structure, the ball valve is not suitable for the steam medium, and the butterfly valve can be used for the conventional saturated steam medium for heating (below 350 degrees).
Butterfly valve structure is relatively simple, generally low pressure butterfly valve, and ball valve structure is relatively complicated, more resistant to high pressure.
4. Operating torque
In terms of operating torque, the butterfly valve is a three-eccentric metal-sealed butterfly valve, so its opening and closing torque is very small. As the diameter of the ball valve increases, the contact area of the sealing surface also increases by a factor of square. The opening and closing torque will be very large.
O Type Ball Valve
Advantages of O type ball valve:
1. The fluid resistance is small, and the resistance coefficient is equal to the pipe length of the same length.
2. Simple structure, small size and light weight.
3. It is tight and reliable. The sealing surface material of the ball valve is widely used in plastic and has good sealing performance. It has also been widely used in vacuum systems.
4.Easy operation, fast opening and closing, only need to rotate 90 ° from fully open to fully closed, which is convenient for long-distance control.
5. Easy maintenance, simple structure of ball valve, seal ring is usually movable, and it is more convenient to disassemble and replace.
6. When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surface of the ball and valve seat is isolated from the medium, and the medium will not cause erosion of the valve sealing surface when the medium passes.
7. Wide range of application, from small diameter to several millimeters, large to several meters, from high vacuum to high pressure can be applied.
Headquarter Add.: SUPCON Park, No.309 Liuhe Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou, 310053, China.
Tel.: +86 571 8111 9774
Fax: +86 571 8111 9737
E-mail: [email protected]